[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: function signature type checking

In article <877kscj21l.fsf@teonanacatl.andreas.org>, Andreas Bogk
<andreas@andreas.org> wrote:

> Bruce Hoult <bruce@hoult.org> writes:
>
> > Hey, Andreas, you've been very quiet lately.
>
> I'm currently living in interesting times.  This might result in
> having more time for Dylan soon...

Well if that means what I think it means, I can tell you that when
talking to the people now employing me, the CV entry mentioning ICFP2001
was an asset...

> BTW: I'm currently stuck with the "single C file per library" backend
> modifications.  I cannot figure out how to generate the proper C type
> for forward references when code and heap are in the same C file.

I assume you know what the C type should be, but just don't know how to
get d2c to emit it at the right time?

I'm confused why you need forward references.  Are there circular
references?  If there aren't, can't the lazy emitting stuff be employed
to put them out in the ("a") right order?  Functions can have prototypes
emitted.  Data can't have inclusion cycles, so the most you have to do
with it is to do things like "struct foo;"

Unfortunately I'm kept too busy trying to keep up with my promised
schedule on a project right now... :-(

-- Bruce

Follow-Ups: References: