[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: function signature type checking

Bruce Hoult <bruce@hoult.org> writes:

> Well if that means what I think it means, I can tell you that when
> talking to the people now employing me, the CV entry mentioning ICFP2001
> was an asset...

:-)

> I assume you know what the C type should be, but just don't know how to
> get d2c to emit it at the right time?

Getting d2c to emit it at the right time is easy: look at
emit-prototype-for in cback.dylan.  The function I couldn't locate was
spew-layout.

> I'm confused why you need forward references.  Are there circular

Because we cannot dump the heap before we've generated all of the
code.  Although now that you mention it, one could probably separate
compilation and code generation into different phases.

Do emit-tlf-gunk and emit-component have any side effect that would
prevent this?

> Unfortunately I'm kept too busy trying to keep up with my promised
> schedule on a project right now... :-(

Well, There Is No Schedule.  It's finished when we're done :).

Andreas

--
"In my eyes it is never a crime to steal knowledge. It is a good
theft. The pirate of knowledge is a good pirate."