Re: Simpe Gwydion question

hebisch@math.uni.wroc.pl (Waldek Hebisch) writes:

> With format-out my gwydion-dylan-2.3.8 prints:
>   Error: Undefined variable: format-out

You need to import the proper libraries and modules:

module: dylan-user

define library hello-world
  use common-dylan;
  use io;
end library;

define module hello-world
  use common-dylan;
  use format-out;
end module;

>       format("%s\n", float-to-string( 0.123) );
>                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>   Error: Undefined variable: float-to-string

You need to import the module common-extensions, which makes the
above:

define library hello-world
  use common-dylan;
  use io;
end library;

define module hello-world
  use common-dylan;
  use common-extensions;
  use format-out;
end module;

> Under 2.3.8 it works. I had no idea that I am hitting unimplemented
> stuff :-(.

Yes, 2.3.4 is a bit outdated.

> decided to upgrade my Dylan. Still, the program (simple heapsort benchmark)
> works as slow as previously -- many times slower then C, 15 times slower

Could you post the code for comparison please?  It's hard to say
whether that's an oversight in your code or the compiler without
seeing the code.

Andreas

--
"In my eyes it is never a crime to steal knowledge. It is a good
theft. The pirate of knowledge is a good pirate."