Re: mental models of the world

At 10:00 AM 11/27/01, Robert Spector wrote:
As a Java/J2EE o-o guy (for the moment) I can attest to Lennon's comment

I think Perl people have lots of such quick and
simple solutions because they think that way.

I think a big problem with "Perl-think" is that not every solution is
quick and simple, even though some solutions might start that way.
Perl is one of the least scalable languages I have ever had the
displeasure to use, precisely because it is geared to creating
quick -- and dirty -- solutions.  The little 1/2-screenful scripts
manage to stay in control, but I haven't seen any longer code that
appears to be maintainable by anyone other than the original
author.

PS.  Does anybody know what language Google is implemented in?

Reliable inside sources tell me it is written almost entirely in C++.