RE: [NOISE] Curly braces [was Re: Curl]

> Infix almost always makes it easier to transcribe a math formula into a
> computer program, but relative ease of readability/debugging/
> understanding is debatable. IMO.

No one is taught math using prefix notation, so forcing them to learn it is
a barrier to usability.  I suppose it is possible that given enough
experience with its use, you might become proficient enough to grok it as
easily as infix, but why force humans to do what computers can do easily?

I also would not underestimate the importance of having formulas look the
same as they do in a book.  Not only does it lower transcription errors, it
also makes it easier for people reading the code to verify that the correct
formula is being used.

- Christopher