Re: Scheme vs. Python

Bruce Lewis wrote:
> How much more heavyweight did Python become when Jython was created?

no more than when CPython is ported to yet another platform.

(my company supports CPython 1.4, 1.5, 1.5.2, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2 on six
Windows variants, as many Unix variants, and a couple of other plat-
forms.  We also support several Jython/JPython versions on a number
of different Java runtimes.  It's not trivial, but it's much easier than it
was to write a a non-trivial C++ program that worked with both Micro-
soft's and DEC's compilers back in 1997, when I abandoned C++ ;-)

</F>