Re: Java

"McLagan, Doug" wrote:

> My newbie question is:  if in a few years a language other than Java is the
> dominant big-systems language, how will we fill in these blanks:
>
> ____ is so much more convenient and easy to use than Java
> that it is a major step forward.  It popularizes many important
> concepts that had not caught on before:

I would venture that dynamic type checking (or optional static typing)
is the thing that the programming world is most afraid of, now that it
has come to terms with VMs and GC. I predict that that's the next big
step but the language that popularizes it may well be something backed
by a big company so I can't predict which one it will be.

 Paul Prescod