Re: So, what the heck is a continuation anyway?

Dan Sugalski <dan@sidhe.org> writes:

> Could someone give me an explanation of them? (Preferably in words of three
> syllables or less, geared towards an inveterate assembly language
> programmer? :)

That's not exactly fair, given that you used words of more than three
syllables in your question.  However, if the question is "What do I need
to know about continuations for the Parrot VM to support languages that
have them?", I may be able to answer with one-syllable words:

  "If the V M can get rid of tail calls, folks can do the rest.  Folks,
  yell if I'm wrong."

--
<brlewis@[(if (brl-related? message)    ; Bruce R. Lewis
              "users.sourceforge.net"   ; http://brl.sourceforge.net/