Re: T

   Also, I remember reading the pre-scheme paper and drooling over it.  I wish
   there were a free (as in beer and speech) implementation out there that we
   could play with.

Mike-

I think the pre-scheme implementation is free.

For a long time, S48 was hampered in the open-source community because
NEC controlled the copyright for the whole system. But Kelsey got them
to slap an open-source copyright on it years ago.

Download the current S48 implementation and check the sources.
    -Olin