Re: What is a lightweight language

I actually think XSLT made a mistake.  By violating the easy
parsability of XML, they are propagating a Bad Idea.  XSLT should have
been a standard "assembly language".  Virtually nobody complains that
assembly language has a high line/content ratio, because virtually
nobody writes assembly language directly.

I think neither XML nor s-expressions are an all-round win.  XML makes
it really easy to write text; s-expressions make programmatic features
a lot easier.  While I haven't played with Silk/JScheme (which merges
the two, literally), the only design point between the two I like that
I've seen is Curl.  But it may be a problem inherently immune to
solution without environment support (and easy to solve with it).

Shriram