Re: C#

   Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 11:33:53 -0500 (EST)
   From: Shriram Krishnamurthi <sk@cs.brown.edu>

   I thought some of these compilers rather perverted Java by eliding the
   features that made the language cool in the first place (dynamic

When I looked into this once, I remember finding that some of the
batch compilers could not handle dynamic loading at all; some required
you to predeclare what classes you might ever dynamically load, which
is not much better; and one actually claimed to handle dynamic loading,
I think with a byte-code interpreter that could allow calls betwen
batch-compiled and interpreted code.  I never tried any of them though.