Re: C#

Without much caring for Java vs C#, I must say Cringley's articles
were pathetic.  They were cloaked in so much verbiage, I fear that the
average reader might mistakenly assume Cringley has much of a clue on
this topic.  (He might, but he sure kept it hidden safely away from
the article itself!)

> Has anyone on this list tried one of the "batch" "static" "whole
> application to machine lanaguage" Java compilers?

No, but I have the indirect impressions of people who were building
and using such things at Rice for scientific codes -- batch and
static, at any rate -- and claimed to be doing very well.  They were
building OwlPack, a LINPACK in Java.

I thought some of these compilers rather perverted Java by eliding the
features that made the language cool in the first place (dynamic
Budimlic is the name to look for.

Shriram