continuations in the real world?

Hi everybody,

I did not attend the LL1 workshop, but am intrigued
with the discussion here about continuations,
especially how it could be used to simplify coding web
application. However I am not sure about the issues of
persistence, distributedness, and load balancing
(i.e.: can continuation be marshalled across machines,
can it be implemented with a CGI mechanism, etc).
Aside from Viaweb/Yahoo! stores, are there any other
commercial sites using this style of programming?