Re: Accumulator

   Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 11:41:21 -0700
   From: Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net>
   To: Bruce Lewis <brlewis@alum.mit.edu>, ll1-discuss@ai.mit.edu
   Subject: Re: Accumulator

   Bruce Lewis wrote:

   > Neither of those two statements makes an anonymous function or closure.
   >
   > If/when Python gets a macro system, the value of anonymous functions
   > will become obvious.

   Fair enough. There are reasons to believe that macros would violate
   Python's design principles by decreasing the regularity of code and thus
   making it more difficult to share and maintain code. So Python is not
   being designed to evolve in that direction.

I am puzzled.  Could you please elaborate on what you
mean by "decreasing the regularity"?

--Guy Steele