RE: accumulator generator (Java)

>On a completely different note, has anyone else seen the work Chris Double
>has been doing with GOO (nee Proto) and .NET?

Thanks Dan. Here's a link to the latest:

http://radio.weblogs.com/0102385/stories/2002/05/04/goodotnet.html

It was pretty painless to get it running initially using Managed C++. The goal was to not change the Goo generated C code if possible. Because of that goal I was unable to get the .NET garbage collector working for Goo objects. Garbage collectable objects (Managed objects in .NET speak) are created in Managed C++ using a special keyword __gc:

  __gc class MyClass {};

Because Goo is written in 'C' I couldn't find a way of allocating managed memory. So I use the Boehm collector for Goo objects and the .NET collector for any .NETobjects created. A backend for Goo written completely in Managed C++ would get around this but I wasn't keen on doing quite that much work.

The current version of Goo on .NET allows calling most of the .NET framework using a C# program that generates the Goo wrapper code given an assembly.

Chris.

Disclaimer:
"The information contained in this document is confidential to the addressee(s) and
 may be legally privileged.   Any view or opinions expressed are those of the author
 and may not be those of the organisation to which the author belongs.  If you have
 received this e-mail message in error please delete it and notify me. Thank you."