Common Lisp "let"

Regarding your point about the syntax being insufficiently redundant: I
agree with you that it was a mistake to allow "let" to accept the "var"
form as well as the "(var value)", for exactly the reason you say.

However, in my opinion, this is just a mistake in the design of "let" rather
than being a serious systemic problem with Lisp-like syntax.

-- Dan