Re: Sendmail meets Erlang

Noel Welsh <noelwelsh@yahoo.com> writes:

> Looks like the Sendmail developers want an orthodoxy
> for Erlang.

Erlang does have an orthodoxy, but it's transmitted via large bodies
of source and mailing list threads, or by hired consultants, rather
than by books. That makes it harder to pick up, which I'd say is the
real problem.

>  - profiler and debugger
>
> Both practical things often swept under the carpet

Update: Erlang has since got a new profiler, and a new debugger
interface. And Scott Lystig Fritchie, who presented the paper at the
Erlang conference in 2000, is still hacking Erlang.

Cheers,
Luke