Library naming standards

Daniel Weinreb writes:

> I agree that this kind of nonuniformity, like many kind of
> nonuniformity, within a family of related entrypoints, can make it
> hard for a programmer to keep track of the contracts of those
> entrypoints, and that this kind of thing is particularly egregious
> when it comes to exceptions since so many programmers are already
> sloppy about dealing with exceptional cases.

Speaking of, I recall reading that the authors of both T and Common
Lisp had an explicit naming and argument order policy for standard
library functions. Does anyone know if copies of those policies are on
the web anywhere? It seems like it would be a useful to look at those
while designing a standard library for one's own language.

--
Neel Krishnaswami
neelk@alum.mit.edu