Re: What would your ideal language be like...

Francois-Rene Rideau said:

>> I don't think it's a lot to ask, but I've often found myself
>> reading language descriptions or manuals, and after
>> five chapters found nothing about how to open a file...
>>
>> At that point I lose interest.
> Maybe you're looking at the wrong place.
> Try the example database.
> Try to search the documentation:
> 	Select D S Space C Space o p e n Space f i l e Return

Fine, but if I have to *hunt* to discover how a language deals
with files and strings, it is a clear indication that the language is
made for a domain quite different from the one in which I work.

The question was related to personal criteria.

If a language is so cool that it is worthless for systems programming,
I may want to read about it, but will absolutely not use it.

kk