Re: Y Store now C++

Hi;

On Tuesday 25 February 2003 06:24 pm, Michael Vanier wrote:
> Why not just make this behavior deprecated?  Then anyone who uses "foo" for
> both a function and a variable name will see a warning message and will
> know what to change.  This strategy has worked well for other languages
> (java, python come to mind).

Is this because it's easier for the other languages?

It is my impression that Python is essentially a dictatorship, so
deciding what in the standard to deprecate is simple.  Furthermore, I
think there is a single implementation, so the act of deprecation is
simple to pull off.

Is Java a similar case at least with respect to the relevant bytecode
and language definition standards?

-jm

--
==== John Morrison