Re: Y Store /Closures

"Brent Fulgham" <brent.fulgham@xpsystems.com> wrote:

> > In classical client-server GUI programming/literature -- the point you
> > raise was called the "event-driven vs. modal input" debate. We all
> > know who won that one now, don't we .. :)
>
> This comment surpises me, as the behavior and design of web applications
> are fundamentally different from client-server GUI programming.  You
> are comparing apples and oranges.

It's generally the case, but nothing prevents you to do the same event
driven interface in web applications.
Sure it works better on fast networks but it works well enough even with a
modem connection.
Using an event driven architecture has nice side effects like real time
values validation (not only after the sumbit), view coherence, automatic
updating of the views, etc.

I use a lot of closures in my framework but no continuations (it's in Common
Lisp).

Marc

PS I really prefer a Lisp2 over a Lisp1 ;-)