Re: learning languages [Was: Re: Y Store now C++]

Adam Turoff <ziggy@panix.com> writes at 19:23 14-Mar-2003 -0500:
> I really don't care *why* there's a difference between good and bad
> programmers.  I'm just accepting that a difference exists, and those
> differences impact a person's ability to learn a new language.

But the *why* tells you whether it's a wholly necessary difference or a
difference that can be addressed to some extent.  And the why might
suggest how to address.

I'm generally skeptical of dismissive arguments of genetic superiority.
It's too easy to embrace them in self-serving ways that impede
intelligent thought.

--
                                             http://www.neilvandyke.org/