Re: Aspect Oriented Programming in context of lightweight languages.

Steve Dekorte wrote:

> Does anyone else feel that aspects are a design pattern being marketed
> as a new paradigm? Why has it gotten so much more attention than (IMO)
> more important developments like prototypes? Is it a case of folks
> saying "I don't get it, so it must be really clever"? :-)

I guess you are referring to delegation patterns. The main difference is
that aspects can be attached to more than one object and/or class at the
same time.

Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza               University of Bonn
mailto:costanza@web.de        Institute of Computer Science III