Re: PG: Hackers and Painters

There's multiple code ownership and there's "pair programming".

I don't like "pair programming" myself. It is like having two execution
units working on one instruction stream. There sometimes is not enough
parallelism in the stream to keep both busy. It involves one person
looking out at the view waiting for the other to finish typing. In that
situation, I'm always itching to get back to my office and get
something done. It is OK for short stretches to work something out,
though.

Multiple code ownership is just good sense because you're protected if
someone quits or gets sick or gets overloaded. Also "two heads are
better than one" applies here.

--
--- james mccartney   james@audiosynth.com   <http://www.audiosynth.com>
SuperCollider - a real time audio synthesis programming language for