RE: Hackers and Painters and Lawyers

> I am reminded of the attempt in the US Congress a few years
> ago to redefine the term "Great Lakes" to include Lake
> Champlain (the URL http://levin.senate.gov/floor/032498.htm
> contains some relevant remarks from the Congressional
> record).

The PLT download server was named "champlain" in the wake
of that incident, in fact.  We also have a local Linux
box named "winooski", which backs up champlain.  The
Winooski River flows into Lake Champlain, you see.

This is the only known incident where a lake was made to
smell like pork.

-- Paul, J.D., Ph.D., PLT