Re: Hackers and Painters and Apple English

On Friday, May 16, 2003, at 14:47 US/Eastern, Peter J. Wasilko, Esq.
wrote:
> These days all of my time is going into The Institute for End User
> Computing, Inc. and the development of a Plain English based End User
> programming language.

Apple Script seems goofy to me because it reads like English but has
extra words I don't expect as a programmer.  I cut and paste Apple
Script code to make sure I get the syntax right.  It reads like
English, but it's not what I would have written.  For example:

   tell app "Terminal"
     set custom title of first window to "XYZ - something.foo.com"

If I'd written this myself, I would have left out "custom" and "of
first window."

Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey S. Knauth | http://knauth.org/gsk