RE: another take on hackers and painters

> At 5:10 PM -0700 5/21/03, Brent Fulgham wrote:
> >  > I'm glad you brought this up.  For those of us who aren't
> >>  perl gurus, can you please explain to us in as little space
> >>  as possible how the hell perl does this kind of thing?
> >
> >"... if you only knew the power of the dark side..."  ;-)
>
> Hah, this is nothing. You should see SelfGOL... :-P

It's unfortunate that the more academic-minded among us tend to use
Perl as everybody's favorite "language punching bag".  It is amazingly
extensible, and extremely useful.  Of course, it's probably a theoretical
nightmare, but then again so is quantum mechanics... :-P