RE: another take on hackers and painters

At 9:42 AM -0700 5/22/03, Brent Fulgham wrote:
>  >
>>  At 5:10 PM -0700 5/21/03, Brent Fulgham wrote:
>>  >  > I'm glad you brought this up.  For those of us who aren't
>>  >>  perl gurus, can you please explain to us in as little space
>>  >>  as possible how the hell perl does this kind of thing?
>>  >
>>  >"... if you only knew the power of the dark side..."  ;-)
>>
>>  Hah, this is nothing. You should see SelfGOL... :-P
>
>It's unfortunate that the more academic-minded among us tend to use
>Perl as everybody's favorite "language punching bag".

Ah, we don't mind much. When we get shots from academics over
different language features we usually just point at the usage
numbers for the shooting language and snicker. :)

>  It is amazingly
>extensible, and extremely useful.  Of course, it's probably a theoretical
>nightmare, but then again so is quantum mechanics... :-P

Have we mentioned that perl does that, too? There are modules to do
both quantum entanglement and uncertain scalar state in perl....
--
                                         Dan

                                       teddy bears get drunk