Dynamic reflection

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 01:07:17PM +0300, Lauri Alanko wrote:
> I still am not aware of any system that supports anything that I'd call
> "real" statically typed eval.
Many languages in the PS-Algol family (scottish languages for
orthogonally persistent systems) have such statically typed eval.
Granted, for those I saw, they eval'ed source strings,
which is not as satisfying as eval of SEXP,
but that's a good start.

Interactive Oberon systems also have the ability to dynamically compile code;
I don't know if they have standardized a structured source representation.

I admit I don't know whether these systems cope with type redefinition,
and how they do if they do.

[Coping with week-old discussion]

Regards,

How do you know that what you call ``blue'' is the same as what someone else
calls ``blue''? What if someone else's feelings for red and blue are
interverted as compared to yours? These questions are irrelevant, because
the meaning of things doesn't lie in an unobservable intrinsic nature,
but precisely in their observable external behavior. There is no achievable
objectivity beyond the union of all possible intersubjectivities.