Re: What's so cool about Scheme?

Another one that I like is:

 - Essentials of Programming Languages, by Dan Friedman & friends

It uses Scheme plus some custom macros (so it's not pure Scheme
throughout), and it's really more about programming languages than
Scheme.  But you may still learn some good stuff, and it might help
you keep up with some of the discussions on this list!  :-)

 -- Trevis