Re: What's so cool about Scheme?

--- Jerry Jackson <Jerry.Jackson@sun.com> wrote:
> I've got a question... I regard SICP as the single
> most valuable CS book I've ever read...
> My question is:  Can anyone come up with another
> book of this scope and caliber?

I agree; to me SICP encapsulates what it means to
think like a computer scientist.  If someone wanted to
get a overview of CS SICP is the book I'd tell them to
read.  I've heard strong recommendations for Gilbert
Strang's "Introduction to Applied Mathematics".  Can
anyone recommend similar books in other fields?

Ta,
Noel

=====
Email: noelwelsh <at> yahoo <dot> com