Re: What's so cool about Scheme?

Michael Vanier wrote:

> Off the top of my head:
>
> -- Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs by Abelson and
>    Sussman, available on-line at http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp

I've got a question... I regard SICP as the single most valuable
CS book I've ever read, by a long shot.  I've re-read it many times just
for the sheer pleasure of it.  It's extremely well-written, the material
is fascinating -- I even like the typesetting!  I believe it had a very
significant effect on how I think about programming.

I'm guessing that others feel the same way about it (perhaps not to
the same degree).  My question is:  Can anyone come up with another
book of this scope and caliber?   (I'm hoping the answer is yes so
I can rush out and buy it :-)