Re: LFM + LFSP = LFE?

On 2003.06.13 13:48 Christopher Barber wrote:

> > In general, I find the whole XML thing to seem like a really wasteful
> > way of defining documents.  I've been ruined by Jim Bender's
> > wonderful WebIt! framework for scheme.  Using it, instead of writing
> > HTML documents like so:

> >   <head>
> > 	Blah Blah
> >       <title> Blah </title>
> >    <head>
> >  	Oh, the humanity.
> >
> > I can do fun stuff like:
> >
> > (h4:html
> >   (h4:head (h4:title "Blah"))
> >   (h4:body
> >      "Oh, the humanity."))
> >

> Or Curl
>
> {curl 2.0 applet}
> {title Blah}
> Oh, the humanity.
>
> Of course, this is client-side Curl, not server-side HTML generation code, so
> it is not quite the same thing.

Or Bento (whose purpose is precisely the generation of documents):

     page blah [=
         title = "Blah"
	"Oh, the humanity.";
     =]

This defines a subtype of page called blah.  page is defined in the
standard Bento library and contains all the necessary boilerplate
HTML.

Michael

Michael St. Hippolyte
http://www.bentodev.org