Re: LFM + LFSP = LFE?

Michael Vanier <mvanier@cs.caltech.edu> writes:
> OTOH this is no problem for scheme or ruby.  Not that this is earth-shaking
> anyway, but I think it's a good argument against indentation-based syntax
> (which I like most of the time).

indentation is also significant in haskell (although the
implementation is more sophisticated), where anonymous functions are
much more important (and easy to use).

in python's case lambda was deliberately implemented in this way to
restrict its use to simple cases - the limitation is by design and not
an automatic consequence of indentation.

andrew

--
http://www.acooke.org