Re: A Patent on Continuations?

On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 22:41, Peter J. Wasilko, Esq. wrote:
> > Unfortunately, one of the people who misinterpreted that decision was
> > a lower court judge.
>
> ... as well as the vast majority of law professors in the nation.
>
> Once again, let me repeat my suggestion: if you are a programmer
> concerned about software patents and you live near a law school. Please,
> contact the Dean of that school and offer to be a guest speaker on this
> topic.
>
> 99.9% of law students (some of whom will be on the Supreme Court one
> day) graduate believing that no one would write software if they
> couldn't patent their ideas.

They're not that dumb :). It's just that for their lawyer career future
income software and business patents are a goldmine as opposed to
copyright and trademark which bring no money to "intellectual property"
lawyers. (I'm not being cynic here, just ask a lawyer friend in the IP
field if you have one.)

Well being of programmers and promotion of science are not even on the
radar.