LL3, Nov. 8, 2003, Call for participation

Call for Participation

Lightweight Languages Workshop 2003 (LL3)
Saturday, November 8, 2003
MIT, Room 34-101, Cambridge, Mass.
http://ll3.ai.mit.edu/

LL3 will be an intense, exciting, one-day forum bringing together the
best programming language implementors and researchers, from both
academia and industry, to exchange ideas and information, to challenge
one another, and to learn from one another.

If you plan to attend, please register as soon as possible.  There is
no cost to attend, but we need to know how much food to order.

The workshop will also be broadcast live on the Internet.  We are
grateful to Microsoft Research for sponsoring the workshop and
Internet broadcast.

Program
=======

Session I: 10:00-11:00
----------------------
ACME: Toward a LL Testing Framework for Large Distributed Systems
    Dana Moore and Bill Wright
Interactive Web Programming using WASH/CGI
    Matthias Neubauer

Session II: 11:30-12:30
-----------------------
XS: Lisp on Lego MindStorms
    Taiichi Yuasa
Posters and demos -- details will be posted on the web site

Session III: 2:00-3:30
----------------------
Bluespec, Language Support for Next-Generation Hardware Design
    Rishiyur S. Nikhil
The Virtual Machine of Lua
    Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
Embedding an interpreted language using higher-order functions and types
    Norman Ramsey

Session IV: 4:00-5:00
---------------------
Functional Reactive Programming in Scheme
    Gregory Cooper
Boundaries
    Dan Sugalski

Program Committee
Ken Anderson, BBN (co-chair)
Jeremy Hylton, Python Software Foundation (co-chair)
Geoffrey Knauth, BAE Systems
Shriram Krishnamurthi, Brown University
Erik Meijer, Microsoft WebData
Dan Sugalski, Perl Foundation