Re: dual-language systems increase modularity

On Nov 17, 2003, at 1:16 PM, Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote:
> Steve Dekorte wrote:
>> I suggest picking up a book on programming design patterns and
>> considering the difficulty with which the examples given can be
>> implemented in dynamic vs. statically typed languages.
>
> I've read more about design patterns than I'm willing to admit, and
> implemented likewise.  Can you give five concrete patterns from the
> GoF book that justify your rather nebulous position?

How about the Proxy pattern?

Here's a generic proxy in Io:

Proxy = Object clone
Proxy setTarget = method(t, self target = t)
Proxy forward = method(target doMessage(thisMessage))

Could you provide a C++ implementation for comparison?

- Steve
Io, a small language: http://www.iolanguage.com/