Re: dual-language systems increase modularity

On 2003-11-17T14:05:03-0800, Steve Dekorte wrote:
> How about the Proxy pattern?
>
> Here's a generic proxy in Io:
>
> Proxy = Object clone
> Proxy setTarget = method(t, self target = t)
> Proxy forward = method(target doMessage(thisMessage))

You might be interested in (the abstract and citations in) "A Model
of Delegation Based on Existential Types" by Benjamin C. Pierce
(http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/papers/delegation.ps).

> Could you provide a C++ implementation for comparison?

I hope this request of yours is not a sign of your falling already into
Shriram's categories...

--
Edit this signature at http://www.digitas.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/ken/sig
http://www.greens.org/