Re: Rather, DSSLs increase modularity, productivity

Miles Egan wrote:

>The more debates I read about static vs dynamic typing the more I feel
>like a language that allowed programmers to work along a continuum
>between the two extremes would be a big win.  It would be for the way I
>work, at least.

Curl is such a language.  It is easy to mix static and dynamic typing in
the same program.  Type declarations are optional in Curl, but when you
do declare them the compiler will check types statically and will
generate better code based on what it knows about the type.  The
language also allows you  to specify compiler options to require type
declarations and force stricter type checking for a given package or
block of code.

- Christopher