Re: Rather, DSSLs increase modularity, productivity

Christopher Barber wrote:

>		  The compiler does check for type compatibility, but
> since all types are compatible with any, the check will never fail.

Well, duh.  So suppose I have (in pseudocode):

f() =
  let x : ref int = box 3
  in
    g(x) ;
    (unbox x) + 5

g(y) =
  set-box y = true

Then what does the Curl "type system" do?

Please don't tell me about your compiler.  Just tell me what your type
system does.  (And please square it with your comments that the
implementation will "check types" and "generate better code".)

Shriram