Re: dynamic vs. static typing

On 2003-11-18T22:34:09-0800, Steve Dekorte wrote:
> >    Konstantin Läufer. 1996.  Type classes with existential types.
> >    Journal of Functional Programming 6(3): 485-517.
> Please summarize.

I'm sorry, but I feel that you want me to be your academic assistant or
understudy, and I don't have the time or desire to do that.  Please read
the abstract and/or apply your other skills for reading research papers.

> What if I want to send a message to all the objects in the list that
> respond to a method, but not to those that don't? For example, let's
> say I have a list of things in my house and I want to send a turnOff
> message to everything that can be turned off.

As Anton van Straaten explained beautifully, all the objects in this
case respond to some message like "turn off if you can", or "can you
turn off?".

	Ken

--
Edit this signature at http://www.digitas.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/ken/sig