Re: seeking an OO or functional parser generator for Java

For tokenizing, and even some parsing tasks, i like to use a technique i learned from Henry Baker:
http://home.pipeline.com/~hbaker1/Prag-Parse.html

Basically write the lexer directly as a state machine.  This can be suprisingly compact.  Its very convenient to do in languages that do tail call optimization. I've done this several different ways in Java and can send a talk i once gave on it if you'd like.