- Special topic on Mining and Learning with Graphs and Relations in the Journal of Machine Learning Research (JMLR). Together with Paolo Frasconi, Hannu Toivonen, Koji Tsuda. Submission deadline is February 3, 2008.
- Special issue on Probabilistic Relational Learning in the Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence (AMAI). Together with Manfred Jaeger and Lise Getoor. Submission deadline is September 1, 2007.
5th International Workshop on 'Mining and Learning with Graphs' (MLG), August 01 -03, 2007, Universita degli Studi di Firenze, Florence, Tuscany, Italy. Together with Paolo Frasconi and Koji Tsuda.
'Statistical Relational Learning' Session at the 31st Annual Conference of the German
Classification Society - Gesellschaft fuer Klassifikation (GfKI), March 7-9, 2007, Freiburg i. Br., Germany. Together with H. Blockeel.[CFP]
Dagstuhl Seminar 07161 on
"Probabilistic, Logical and Relational Learning - A Further Synthesis", April 2007. Togehter with L. De Raedt, T. Dietterich, L. Getoor, and S. H. Muggleton.
- AAAI ('06, '08)
- AIS-ADM ( '05, '07)
- ADMI ('07)
- CMILE ('07)
- DS ('05, '06,'07)
- ECAI ('06,'08)
- ECML/PKDD ('06 [Area Chair], '07 [Area Chair],'08)
- IAS ('08)
- ICML ('03,'05,'06, '07,'08)
- ILP ('07)
- ISAIM ('08)
- KDD ('06, '07)
- MLG ('06)
- MRDM ('04,'05, '07)
- Multiview ('05)
- ACM-SAC, special track on data mining ('04,'05,'06,'07,'08)
- SBIA ('08)
- SRL ('03,'04,'06)
- RSS ('08)
- ECML/PKDD ('01;'02;'03;'04),
ESSLLI ('05 Student Session),
Spatial Cognition ('04)
New Generation Computing,
- "How to Make a PhD in Statistical Relational Learning" at the Second Research Contact Day of the CIL Doctoral School, Leuven, Belgium, August 29, 2007.
- "An Inductive Logic Programming Approach to Statistical Relational Learning" at ACAI 2007 (Logic for Artificial Intelligence), Leuven, Belgium, August 24, 2007.
- "Most Likely Heteroscedastic Gaussian Process Regression" at Nicholas Roy's Working Group Meeting, CSAIL, MIT, Cambridge, MA, USA, August 14, 2007.
- "Most Likely Heteroscedastic Gaussian Process Regression" at Fraunhofer IAIS, Sankt Augustin, Germany, August 06, 2007. Contact: Stefan Wrobel.
"Statistical Relational Learning: A Key Challenge for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning" at the Institute for Compute Science, University of Freiburg, Germany, January 09, 2007
"Statistical Relational Learning: A Key Challenge for Computational Biology" at Department of Computing, Imperial College London, UK, April 26, 2007.
- "Probabilistic Logic Learning and Reasoning" at BeNeLearn 2005: Fourteenth Annual Machine Learning Conference of Belgium and the Netherlands, University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands, February 17 -18, 2005.
- "Probabilistic Inductive Logic Learning" together with Luc De Raedt at
ECML/PKDD-2005 (16th European Conference on Machine Learning (ECML), 9th European Conference on Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases (PKDD), October 3-7, 2005, Porto, Portugal).
- "Probabilistic Inductive Logic Learning" together with Luc De Raedt
at IDA-2005 (6th International Symposium on Intelligent Data Analysis,September 8-10, 2005, Madrid, Spain).
- "Probabilistic Logic Learning" together with James Cussens at
ICML-2004 (Twenty-First International Conference on Machine Learning, July 4, 2004, Banff, Alberta, Canada).
May 01, 2004 - Dec. 24, 2006:
APrIL, "Application of Probabilistic Inductive Logic Programming II" (APrIL II), Contract no. FP6-508861
October 01, 2001 - May 30, 2002 :
APrIL, "Application of Probabilistic Inductive Logic Programming" (APrIL), IST-2001-33053
- Ingo Thon, "Dynamic Probabilistic Models over Interpretations", current.
- Angelika Kimmig, "Learning Stochastic Logic Programs.", 2005.
- Bernd Gutmann, "Relational Conditional Random Fields (for Logical Sequences)", 2005.
- Alexandru Cocora, "Learning Relational Navigation Policies", 2005.
- Joerg Fischer, "Asynchronous Relational Value Iteration", 2005.
- Tayfun Guerel, "Naive Graph Labelling", 2005.
- Steven Ganzert, "Using Equation Discovery for Finding ARDS-Lung Models: A Case Study", 2003.
- Livia Predoiu, "Bayes'sche Datalog Programme", 2003.
- Uwe Dick, "Relational Fisher Kernels", 2005.
- Hans-Martin Schultze, "Information Extraction with LOHMMs Learned by Stochastic Optimization", 2005.
- Bernd Gutmann, "Relational Influence Diagrams", 2005.
- Alexandru Cocora, "Discriminative Learning for Logical Sequences", 2004.
- Ingo Thon, "Logical Markov Models", 2004.
- Christian Stolle, "Learning from Random SAT", 2004.
- Gerrit Merkel, "Information Extraction using Logical Hidden Markov Models", 2003.
- Joerg Fischer, "SCGEM - A Fast Acceleration of EM", 2003.
- Victoria Polzer, "Learning Patterns for Information Extraction with TILDE: A Case Study on Chemical Abstracts", 2003.
- Niels Landwehr, "EM and Gradient-Based Learning of Bayesian Networks: A Case Study", 2002.
- Steven Ganzert, "Analyse von Daten einer klinischen Multicenterstudie zur mechanischen Beatmung von Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) - Patienten mit Methoden der Knowledge Discovery in Databases (KDD)", 2001.
November 20-25, 2006: Computer Science Department, Humboldt University, Berling, Germany, staying with Tobias Scheffer.
September 22, 2006: Presentation of the PROFILE toolboox for "Probabilistic First-Order Learning" at the APRIL2@ECML/PKDD06 workshop, Berlin, Germany.
August 15, 2006: Talk "Eine (sehr) kurze Einfuehrung ins Maschinelle Lernen" as part of the "Sommeraktion der Badischen Zeiting", a local newspaper, Freiburg, Germany.
January 30 - February 04, 2005: Dagstuhl seminar 05051 on "Probabilistic, Logical and Relational Learning - Towards a Synthesis".
September 21-22, 2004: Demonstration of "Balios - The Engine for Bayesian Logic Programs"
October 29, 2003: Talk on "Studying Computer Science in Freiburg" at Droste-Hülshoff (grammar) school, Freiburg, Germany.
August 17 - September 07, 2003: Computer Science Department, University of Maryland at College Park, USA, staying with Lise Getoor. Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, Purdue University, USA, staying with Bob Givan.
July 04, 2003: Demonstration of "Software Tools for Probabilistic Inductive Logic Programming"
at ECSQARU-2003 [ three-page demo description].
September 18-20, 2002: Machine Intelligence Workshop 19.
- August 17-18, 2002: Lecture on Bayesian Logic Programs at the Summer School on Relational Data Mining.
Luc De Raedt presented our joint work on the language of BLPs and on
learning the parameters and structure of BLPs.
October 06, 2001 - November 04, 2001:
Department of Biostatistics and Medical Informatics , University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, USA, staying with C. David Page Jr.
- Local organizing committee member of the 12th European Conference on Machine Learning (ECML-2001)
and the 5th European Conference on Principles and Practice of Knowledge
Discovery in Databases (PKDD-2001), Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg, Germany, September 2001
April 07, 2001 - April 13, 2001: Max-Planck-Insitut für Informatik,
Saarbrücken, Germany, staying with Manfred Jaeger.
October 2000: Talk at the Informatiktage-2000
which is an annual conference for young computer scientist at the beginning of their "career".
September 07, 2000: Invited Talk on Bayesian logic programs at the Max-Planck-Insitut für Informatik,
Second half of 1998: Student assistant preparing
a practical course on Pattern Matching and Image Processing, i.e.
implementing programs for classification and motion tracking MatLab.
1998: Student assistant at
the 5th European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV)
1998: Attending the DaimlerBenz Technology Workshop Cased-Based Reasoning
June 28 - July 01, 1998, Ulm, Germany.
1998: Judge at the SWERC
1998, Southwest European Regional ACM
Spring 1998: IK '98,
which was a kind of spring school. IK '98 brought different people of different
backgrounds together to work and discuss (cf. IK
Autumn 1995 - spring 1999: Group of Thomas
Mergner which conducts research on posture, orientation in space
and vision control of humans.
I developed a control system
of a hexapot in C++. After that, my main parish was the development of
differrent tools to analyze the measured data. This led after 4 years
of work to a MatLab program which is still in use.