Re: dylan revival

> - develop a dylan-to-clr compiler (knowing that clr is quite
> unapropriate for a closure and generic-function based langauge like
> dylan)

SmallScript runs on the CLR and it has closures and multi method dispatch.
See http://www.smallscript.org. So there's hope for Dylan.

> - define a dynamic-vm specification optimized for closure and
> generic-function based languages and
>   create a dylan-frontend as well as clr-based-backend for it.

The developers of SmallScript have also built there own VM optimised for
dynamic languages. It's called AOS IIRC. They have a version of SmallScript
that runs on .NET and their own AOS. I believe it would be possible for a
Dylan to run on AOS too.

Chris.
--
http://www.double.co.nz/dylan