Re: dylan revival

> Ironically, two senior developers from Harlequin's Dylan team joined
> Symbian.

It's a shame Symbian uses C++ for it's class frameworks. It's the BeOS
situation all over again. Trying to port langauge implementations to it is
much more difficult as a result because of the difficulty of integrating
with C++.

I've managed to port a Forth to Symbian 6.0 which runs 'in the phone' on the
Nokia 9210 for example. But I still face the problem of working with a C++
FFI. Especially on Symbian where everything is done via classes.

I'd like a Lisp or Dylan that works on it but on the Nokia 9210 there is
only about 3MB of free memory to play with and the less used the better to
allow other applications to run. Would a Dylan implementation be able to run
ok in this constrained space?

Chris.