Re: experiences with CW plug-in & Carbon

On Saturday, April 6, 2002, at 12:26 AM, Scott Ribe wrote:

Dumb question, should've thought of it sooner. Is the preliminary Carbon
support intended to support OS 9, or is it dependent on OS X specific
features? I'm kind of hoping for OS 9 support ;-)

At the moment it supports 9. It may go to X (for CoreGraphics) before release. I'm open to argument either way. :-)

Rob's call-by-value-wrappers.c includes <Carbon.h>, which finds Metrowerks
CodeWarrior:Mac OS Support:Universal:Interfaces:CIncludes:Carbon.h, and in
turn includes <CoreServices.h>, which resolves to the same path as Carbon.h,
and in turn includes <Threads.h>, which resolves to Metrowerks
CodeWarrior:Java_Support:VM_Support:SunVM_Support:jdk1.1.8:include-old:threa
ds.h, which is not what is wanted, and includes some damn windows-specific
headers without, as far as I can tell, any conditionals!

I hit this in my day job with some C++ code. It's a Metrowerks problem, not a Dylan plugin-specific one. I did pretty much what you did: I deleted the path to {compiler} and replaced it with two new paths, one to MSL: and one to Mac Support:, both in the Codewarrior folder. For Dylan you may need to add a path to the runtime and the library files as well. I think the latest version of CW doesn't have this problem, but my examples, Gabor's plugin and CW are not synchronized at the moment.

-2-

Why, in call-by-value-wrappers.c do the following functions not return a
value?

growwindow, findcontrol, trackcontrol, testcontrol, trackgoaway,
handlecontrolclick

Programmer error. :-) Thank you for notifying us.

- Rob.