Re: are dylan macros Turing-complete?

Andreas Bogk <andreas@andreas.org> writes:

> Procedural macros, together with method combination, are on my wish
> list for a hypthetical Dylan-NG.

I agree with the above. I'd add either removing sealing or changing
the defaults to be open rather than sealed. The number of times I've
wanted to extend something only to find that sealing has prevented
me...

That's not to say that Dylan isn't perfectly usable and effective as
it is right now of course. Functional Developer is an excellent
development environment for Win32 for example. Gwydion Dylan is also
becoming an excellent system.

Chris.
--
http://www.double.co.nz/dylan