Re: Have you always dreamed of become a high payed consultant?

Tim Scrivens wrote:
> "Robert Graham" <rgraham2@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
> 3DE15AC5.3040602@nycap.rr.com">news:3DE15AC5.3040602@nycap.rr.com...
>

>>Alistair Maclean wrote:
>>
>>>In article <3ddf96d3_6@Usenet.com>, Peter E. C. Dashwood <dashwood@nospa
>>>m.enternet.co.nz> writes

>>>Email left unread due to misspelling of "sometmes".
>>>
>>>ps English is mutating/evolving and expanding not declining.
>>>

>>And U.S. English is evolving the fastest.  We are more than
>>happy to take words from anyone's language and make it our
>>own.  We're economical as well.  Look at all the U's we've
>>dropped, like in "color" as opposed to "colour", etc.
>>
>>We've even had movements to change to a phonetic form of
>>spelling - "kat" for "cat".  Think of what that would do to
>>your spell checkers!  If you look at old writing from 200
>>years ago, great people had very bad spelling.  Sometimes in
>>the same document they would spell a word several different
>>ways.
>

> We do that now, and never even notice.
>
> OK and Okay, for example.
>
> And from memory, there are 4 acceptable spellings for "panatella", depending
> on which dictionary you use.

And some dictionaries even think "irregardless" is
acceptable.  If you can't have fun with the language you'll
end up like the French, with a language police preventing
the usage of any formerly French words that have been
"Americanized".  I wonder how they have a rendez-vous now,
since we use it all the time in the U.S.
Can they even use "R.S.V.P." any more???