Re: Python's GC approach

> I'm amused because I chose the Boehm gc in REBOL 1.0 because I
> thought it *was* rather portable and reliable.

I think that it is more portable than many other solutions but makes a
bad first impression because it happens to have well documented the few
platform-dependent issues.

The only reason I've found not to use the Boehm GC is performance.  For
real-time applications, not having complete control over the GC or
performance guarantees is unacceptable.  It seems like the right choice
for everything else.

-m