Re: lightweight languages

   Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 16:18:00 -0500 (EST)
   From: Dorai Sitaram <ds26@gte.com>

				      (It is also not
   clear to me if you are presenting the experience as an
   interesting hypothesis, or as something you
   actually underwent.)

In all fairness, all the Scheme code I have actually read had been
code written for expository purposes, such as code in textbooks and
academic papers.  I have not read the source code of an HTTP server
written in Scheme.

   I should think that peer pressure in Scheme tends to be
   against using complicated tools just because one
   can.

Well, I never said (or never intended to say) that these things are
complicated in an inherent or absolute sense so much as that they can
be hard to understand if you're not accustomed to them.  Like the way
French may be easier to learn than Japanese if you already speak
Latin, English, and Italian.